Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Great Motorcycle Wreck

The Great Motorcycle Wreck

Our adventures with Bubba are still talked about today. Bubba was our hero but mom and dads worst nightmare.

Bubba came to our house one day on a motorcycle he had just bought. He had been doing some work on the bike and was ready to try it out. So he was going to give us rides as he checked it out to make sure it was running OK.

We went to the back field where the muck is dumped after the barns are cleaned every morning. This field had a long dirt road that would be great for running a motorcycle at full speed. And at full speed is exactly how he was running.

After Alan and Jerry had taken their turns, it was now my time to go.

As we zoomed through the field Bubba hollered back at me that we were going to jump the muck pile. This really didn’t seem like a very smart thing to do but I was having so much fun I just hollered back to go for it.

Now, muck piles are not very good jumps. They are no more than straw and hay and manure. Not something one should be jumping with a motorcycle.

When the bike hit the muck pile it instantly catapulted me through the air. The only thing that saved me from injury was landing in the fresh pile that had just been dumped that morning. I smelled bad but I had no broken bones.

Bubba wasn’t as lucky. When he hit the ground the back landed on his leg. Nothing was broken but the muffler left behind a pretty good burn.

This should have been a lesson well learned but I’m afraid we went on to do other things even crazier than this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home