Thursday, June 01, 2006

Rescue Riding

Rescue Riding

One of our favorite past times was horseback riding. It seemed like horseback riding came natural to us. We use to go out in the fields with the old retired mares and hop up on them and ride them with no bridle, no saddle, just bareback. We would ride for hours.

When we were in our teens we began to rescue ride. This is where one person rides by as fast as he can and grabs hold of the guy on the ground and pulls him upon to the horse. Sometimes it worked sometimes it didn‘t.

Alan waited at one end of the field as I galloped from the other end. As I approached I positioned myself in the saddle and reached down. Somehow Alan didn’t come aboard like he was supposed to and I was slammed into the ground as the horse galloped on without a rider.

This wouldn’t have been so bad except we had an audience.

There was plenty of laughter as I painfully removed myself from the field leaving Alan to catch the horse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home